This puree is AWESOME. It can be eaten alone or added to an organic, low sodium ricotta cheese or yogurt. Broccoli is high in calcium and mango is high in Vitamin C making a perfect environment for maximum absorption of the strong bone building mineral, calcium!
- Bag of frozen organic broccoli
- Bag of frozen organic mango
- Add about 1 cup of water to large pot with broccoli and mango.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Freeze in ice cube tray or deviled egg platter
- Remove cubes, label and store in Ziplock bag for 6 months.
They found the JELLO!! My children had their choice of sugar free (AKA sweetened with artificial sugar) orange or strawberry with a side of artificial colorings. Sorry but gag me, please!!! I smiled and let them have their JELLO. Today is a different story.
We made homemade Mango Gelatin full of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and B6! No artificial colorings or sweeteners to poison their little bodies. EASY! If you do not like mango, just try another fruit of choice. Don’t forget to serve with a slice of cheese or top with yogurt. The vitamin C in mango will help your child absorb the calcium in the cheese and yogurt.
- 4 envelopes of unflavored Original Gelatine.
- 4 cups 100% mango juice or any flavor juice but watch out for high fructose corn syrup and other artificial additives in your juices.
- 1 cup pureed fresh or frozen mango (optional- gives a creamy texture and more nutrition)
- 2 tbsp honey or sugar (infants below one year should not have honey)- optional
- Fresh sliced fruit for garnish.
- Chill one cup of juice until ice cold.
- Put ice cold juice in a large pot and sprinkle gelatin over it. Let set for at least 1 minute.
- Boil 3 cups of juice and add sugar/honey.
- Puree 1 cup fresh or frozen mango until really thin. Add it to boiling juice and bring back to boil.
- Add hot juice to gelatin and mix.
- Pour into cups, bowls or baking pan.
- Add sliced strawberries to gelatin.
- Chill until firm.
- Store in refrigerator.