Popsicles made healthy for you and your children! I was lucky to come across The HopeFULL Company and found a wonderful BellyFull Kit for families! This product was actually developed for children and adults having trouble eating due to the side effects of chemotherapy. However, it has also become very popular with all children even the picky eaters. As a mother and Dietitian I am very excited about this kit and would recommend it for any family.
This kit comes with 20 wholesome, fun, healthy and kid friendly recipes; a silicone popsicle tray; wooden popsicle sticks/spoons and kid chef’s hat.
I like this kit because:
- The freezer tray is made of silicone (non-chemical leaching container like the typical plastic popsicle containers).
- The sticks are wooden which can easily be composted and replaced with wooden art sticks.
- The recipes are tasty and full of nutrition.
- The company supports the Ellyn Satter’s Division of Responsibility.
- The recipes are aimed to increase the participation of children in kitchen activities.
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup butternut squash puree
- 2 Tbsp honey (optional)
- 1 Tbsp walnut oil (optional)- I substituted with coconut oil due to a family allergy to tree nuts
The HopeFULL Company’s Mission:
“We aim to make it easy to prepare satisfying, nutrient-dense and easily edible meals for those having trouble eating. We aspire to provide friends and family of a person experiencing dysphagia or other eating problems with a method to support their loved one. We wish to share HOPE. Hope for strength, hope for healing and hope for tomorrow.”
- 2011 International Stevie Award Finalist for Best New Product of the Year
- 2011 Star of Excellence Award / Best in Class – Print Excellence in Cookbook/ PIM (Printing Industry of Minnesota, Inc.)
- 2012 Edison Award, Nominated for Best New Product of The Year (Finalists to be announced)
- Finalist Tastiest Small Biz Brand Awards
If you liked this post, please just click on the Picket Fence square for a vote but make sure you come back and check out our great posts- Thanks a Bunch!