The cold winter season brings weathered and cracked hands. If you have dry or over worked hands, this homemade recipe may help you soothe them into a soft baby skin feeling!
This recipe makes one application.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 drops of your favorite essential oil (I like peppermint or tangerine)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Up to 1 teaspoon of your favorite base oil (jojoba oil, olive oil, grape seed oil, avocado oil, walnut oil)
- Mix the baking soda and sugar together.
- Add coconut oil (unrefined virgin) and essential oil. Mix well.
- Add your favorite base oil until you reach a paste consistency.
- Scrub your hands with the paste for about 2 minutes. Make sure you scrub the back of your hands, between your fingers, around your nails and cuticles.
- Rinse with warm water and apply your favorite moisturizer. I prefer coconut oil.
If you do not have coconut oil, substitute with the base oil of your choice. If you do not have the essential, omit. Test this scrub and if you like it buy the other ingredients to enhance the experience.