Looking for a healthier dessert this fall? Here is one of my family favorites with an added twist- apples! This is not only delicious but action packed with vitamin A and vitamin C.
Pumpkin and Apple Cake (EASY)
Recipe type: Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix (organic)
- 1 small can pumpkin puree (organic) or 1.5 cups of homemade pumpkin puree
- 5 tart apples
- ½ honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Peel and thinly slice apples.
- Coat apple slices with honey and cinnamon.
- Sauté apples in butter until soft.
- Pour apples into cake pan.
- Combine pumpkin puree and cake mix with mixer.
- Pour cake mix over apples.
- Bake until cake is done (according to box directions).