dōTERRA: Latin for “Gift of the Earth”
“Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, and flowers of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant, eliciting profound emotional responses. Yet the use of essential oils goes well beyond their fragrant appeal. Used throughout history for their medicinal and therapeutic benefits, essential oils can be used as natural alternatives in holistic self-care practices. Their unique chemistry allows them to be used aromatically and applied topically to the skin, while other essential oils can be used as dietary aids to promote vitality and well being.”
When Tricia Zirker Crookston first reached out to me about reviewing dōTERRA Essential Oils, I was very skeptical. Although, I work very hard in my personal life to use plant based products and avoid artificial ingredients, I have little experience with using essential oils topically and internally. I typically use essential oils as cleaning additives to vinegar and baking soda. After much research, I am hooked. Tricia sent me the Introductory Kit and many other oil blends to try. My all-time favorite blend is the On Guard™. It is a protective blend formulated to support healthy immune function.
Overall, I am impressed with the quality of the oils and highly recommend this brand. dōTERRA Essential Oils are certainly a “gift of the earth”. Here are a couple ways I have been using the oils from the introductory kit. If you need other suggested uses read 101 Uses for the Intro Kit- Lavender, Lemon & Peppermint!
- Add a drop onto your toothbrush before brushing teeth to help remove stains
- Apply with lavender to sore, tired muscles and joints
- Inhale for an invigorating lift
- Spread on child’s shirt before school or study time to increase alertness
- Take a drop internally to calm indigestion or upset stomach
- Add a drop to water to help with digestion and detoxification
- Dilute with coconut oil for a daily fingernail conditioning massage
- Diffuse to neutralize odors in rooms or to uplift mood
- Use as a spot treatment for facial blemishes, the acid in it helps dry out the blemish-making it less noticeable
- Use in all purpose cleaners to add a fresh scent
- Remove gum or adhesives from fabric
- Mix oat flour, water and a drop for a soothing facial scrub
- Use to calm the reaction to a bee sting or bug bite
- USe to soothe diaper rash
- Apply to dry, chapped lips before using lip balm
- Soothe sunburned skin
• Cold / Flu
• Chronic Pain
• Weight Loss
• Cough, Congestion
• and much more.
dōTERRA’s therapeutic-grade essential oils are 100% pure natural aromatic compounds carefully extracted from plants. They do not contain fillers or artificial ingredients that would dilute their active qualities. Proper extraction and quality control methods also ensure that dōTERRA’s essential oils are free of any contaminants such as pesticides or other chemical residues.In addition to being 100% pure and natural, dōTERRA’s Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils are subjected to further quality testing that ensures the correct composition of the active natural compounds found in each oil. They are subjected to rigorous mass spectrometry and gas chromatography testing to ensure extract composition and activity. dōTERRA’s 100% pure essential oils represent the safest and most beneficial essential oils available today.