They found the JELLO!! My children had their choice of sugar free (AKA sweetened with artificial sugar) orange or strawberry with a side of artificial colorings. Sorry but gag me, please!!! I smiled and let them have their JELLO. Today is a different story.
We made homemade Mango Gelatin full of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and B6! No artificial colorings or sweeteners to poison their little bodies. EASY! If you do not like mango, just try another fruit of choice. Don’t forget to serve with a slice of cheese or top with yogurt. The vitamin C in mango will help your child absorb the calcium in the cheese and yogurt.
- 4 envelopes of unflavored Original Gelatine.
- 4 cups 100% mango juice or any flavor juice but watch out for high fructose corn syrup and other artificial additives in your juices.
- 1 cup pureed fresh or frozen mango (optional- gives a creamy texture and more nutrition)
- 2 tbsp honey or sugar (infants below one year should not have honey)- optional
- Fresh sliced fruit for garnish.
- Chill one cup of juice until ice cold.
- Put ice cold juice in a large pot and sprinkle gelatin over it. Let set for at least 1 minute.
- Boil 3 cups of juice and add sugar/honey.
- Puree 1 cup fresh or frozen mango until really thin. Add it to boiling juice and bring back to boil.
- Add hot juice to gelatin and mix.
- Pour into cups, bowls or baking pan.
- Add sliced strawberries to gelatin.
- Chill until firm.
- Store in refrigerator.