I was given an opportunity to review the Mumi & Bubi Solids Starter Kit. I do not know how I froze baby food for two children using my deviled egg platter but I did it! I wish I had this 3 years ago. Even though my children are too old for “baby food puree”, I have many great ideas (see below) for this tray.
Creamed Green Bean Puree
- Two 10 oz bags of organic frozen green beans
- 2/3 cup whole milk (goat milk or breast milk can be substituted)
- Boil green beans for 5 minutes in about a 1/2 inch of water.
- Add green beans and milk to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into Mumi & Bubi Tray, cover and freeze for 4 hours.
- Remove cubes from tray and store in a labeled zip lock bag.
- Serve alone or add to yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese. This can also be used as a sauce on pasta.
Why I love this product:
- Time saver: I can freeze all of my puree cubes at one time.
- Cleaner: The trays come with a snug fit lid eliminating spills, contamination, and freezer burn.
- Easy-out : The cubes can be removed with a touch of a finger (fruits). If you have a meat or veggie puree, simply run warm water over the bottom of the tray (with lid on) for a couple seconds.
- The product is BPA and phthalates free.
- The packaging of the product and trays are 100% recyclable.
Solid Starter Kit Includes:
- 2 compact freezing trays with lids (42 cubes for maximum storage)
- Step by step e-guide with 27 recipes to get you started
Other Uses for this Kit (more posts coming soon):
- Fruit and veggie puree cubes to add to other foods (enhancers of vitamin C, iron or calcium) for any age child or adult.
- Make unique frozen yummy treats on a hot summer day!
- Make fun ice cubes for punch, ice tea, kids water, etc.