Summer veggies- simple, good, easy and cheap!
- 4-6 farm fresh potatoes quartered
- 3 cups stringed green beans
- 4 slices of uncured or nitrate free bacon (local if possible)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare veggies (get your kids involved)
- Put beans and bacon in pot with about 1 inch of water.
- Cook for 20 minutes on a low heat.
- Add potatoes and cook covered for another 20 minute or until the potatoes are tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Blocks, beans and play mustaches- having fun with food. Let your children play with food during their introduction to it. For more information of food introduction tips read the article Infant Meet Veggie; Veggie Meet Infant. Also, don’t forget to get your kids involved in the kitchen with age appropriate tasks.