Southwestern Quinoa and Black Beans
Author: Clancy Cash Harrison, MS, RD, LDN
Recipe type: Summer Salad- great with any grilled fish, poultry or meat
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup black beans
- ½ cup diced scallions
- 1 large tomato diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ jalapeno diced (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp cumin or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions and cool.
- While quinoa is cooking prepare veggies.
- Add beans, veggies, spices, and lime juice. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add more cumin or lime juice, if needed.
My 16 month old son just ate this up. It is cool, refreshing, healthy and easy! Check out my page on picky eating therapy, if you think this is something your child would not eat.