Blueberry Avocado and Spinach Superfood Smoothie
The noise of the blender mixing smothies regularly sounds in our kitchens. Smoothie is useful, simple and tasty. It has come into our lives as common regular food that is quick to prepare. If you are experimenting with blender, these simple guidelines can help you prepare the perfect smoothies.
- Do not add too much water. Smoothie should be thick.
- The homogenious texture is the key to success. There shouldn’t be any pieces of fruit or vegetable in it.
- Do not mix dark berries with green-stuff. If you want to put strawberry and spinach, be ready to get something awful outwardly. Take berries with strong dark pigment such as blueberries, blackberries, currants.
- Smoothie should be cold but not icy. You can blender frozen fruit and your cocktail will be like soft ice-cream.
- Sweetness is the main component of any smoothie. The most common ingredient is a banana that adds sweetness and creaminess. Also honey and syrup can help. Don’t forget about such fruit as apricots, pears and mango.
- Use nut milk for better digestion. When you mix fruit, nuts and cow milk, you get a heavy thing for your digestion. You can get cocktail taste and consistency if you add nut milk.
Now, knowing all the secrets to prepare smoothie, let’s make smoothie with blueberry, avocado and spinach.
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ fresh ice
½ ripe avocado
1 cup almond-coconut milk
1 cup blueberries
1 cup spinach leaves, fresh
1 scoop protein powder
1 tablespoon chia seed
You can take frozen or fresh blueberries. As for milk, also it’s up to you – take either coconut or almond. Here we mix it and get almond-coconut milk. So, place all the ingredients in blender and puree. Pour into glasses. If you want, you can add a few fresh blueberries over the top. Enjoy!