Looking to add some color and spice to your life? Try this nutrient dense salad that has multiple uses!
- 2 cups prepared raw kale salad
- 1 cup black beans
- 2/3 cup corn
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced scallions
- 1 diced avocado
- 1/2 diced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 lemon or lime squeezed by hand for juice
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Prepare vegetables and beans.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl (except avocado) and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving toss and taste.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add diced avocado and toss.
- Serve as a side dish, as a salad, over rice or mung bean noodles, in a wrap with grilled chicken, in a fish taco or as a dip with tortillas.
If you like this post, please vote for Healthy Baby Beans by clicking the link below. I am nominated for the Top 25 Foodie/Mom Blog Award. Thanks so much and I appreciate your time.