Pearls and Coins- a great frozen treat.
Choking Hazard Response on Frozen Blueberries: Is this a choking hazard? First, I would like to say all foods have the ability to be a choking hazard. After reading comments on other forums where this was shared, I had to add my thoughts. When I made these they were intended for my 3 year old, husband and self (not my 15 month old son). I would be more concerned of in infant handling the skewer than choking on a blueberry. When my 3 year old ate the blueberries- they never came off the skewer whole or in chunks and she has a full set of teeth. She even had to chew them down. If I was going to make this for my 15 month old, I would string the berries on a cooking string and freeze a mini necklace with 3 berries (never tie around neck).
- Ripe bananas coined.
- Your favorite yogurt (I used whole fat vanilla)
- Sprinkles (the definition of sprinkles in our home = flaxseed meal)
- Place banana and berries on skewers.
- Cover in yogurt.
- Put sprinkles on banana.
- Freeze for 1 – 2 hours.
- Eat immediately after they are removed from freezer.
- If you are serving to a child, you may want to cut the sharp end of the skewer off for safety purposes.
If you like this post, please vote for me by clicking the link below. I am up for the top 25 Foodie/Mom blog award. Thanks so much and I appreciate your time.