Homemade popsicles is a tradition in my home. I love them because they are fun for kids and full of nutrition for me (and my child). I do not mind if my child has them before a meal, during a meal and after a meal. They do not have artificial sweetener, coloring or flavoring but as you can see they are brilliant in color and will soon learn they are packed with sweetness with a swirl of tartness and a hint of the tropics.
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen mango
- 2 pints of raspberries
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- small dixie cups and wooden craft (popsicle sticks)
Directions for Popsicles:
- Defrost mango and blend until smooth in a blender.
- Fill dixie cups 1/2 until you are out of mango puree.
- Blend raspberries, coconut and carrot juice until smooth.
- Spoon a 1tbsp of raspberry mixture on top of mango puree.
- Swirl raspberry mixture into mango and add popsicle stick.
- Freeze for 4 hours and serve.
Directions for Baby Food Puree:
- Blend everything in the blender.
- Pour puree into glass deviled egg container, cover and freeze.
- Remove cubes from container and placed in a properly labeled Ziploc bag.
- Store in freeze up to 6 months.
- When serving, mix with whole fat yogurt and flaxseed meal.