|Ingredients to a great start of the day for baby|
- Mash the banana to the consistency my baby is developmentally ready to chew/gum.
- Add a drop or two of flaxseed oil.
- Add a drizzle/drop or drizzle of blackstrap molasses. Pay attention to the brand because not all blackstrap molasses are created equal. House of Herbs has a very high concentration of iron.
- Now for the chia seed! Add 1/2 teaspoon. If you are worried your child may not digest them or have issues with the high fiber content, introduce after a year. You can also soak (2 tbsp per 1 cup of fluid) the chia seed in water or breast milk for 4-6 hours prior to serving.
- Chia seeds are great for little babies because they are high in Omega 3 fatty acids which are need for brain development! Did you know your brain is 60% fat and you produce all of your brain cells by the time you are two? Hmmmm, sounds like a good idea to get some healthy fats into my baby’s diet!
- We finally add a cereal (commercial single grain or a homemade rice) to help thicken it up to the consistency to meet the motor skills of your child.
Chia seeds are also good for weight loss (for the adult) because they are high in fiber. They have also been know to help with hydration! You can add them to cereal, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pancake batter, muffins, salads, soups, everything!
For baby food recipes, click here! Enjoy.